The tender pieces of chicken glazed in a thick, sweet, sour, tangy, perfectly moist and juicy sauce; Honey Lemon Ginger Glazed Chicken is a dish that’s sure to get everyone to the dinner table.
I’ve been preparing a lot of chicken dishes lately, and it’s because it’s an easy dinner for me to prepare after work. If you’re cooking dinner after work on a weeknight, you want a dinner that’s fast and easy to clean up too, not only delicious and satisfying.
4 whole chicken breasts, skinless/boneless (cut to 1″ pcs.)
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
1 tbsp. lemon zest
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp corn starch
2/3 cup honey
1/4 tsp. Lawyr’s seasoning salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. parsley, fresh, chopped for garnish (optional)
1 tsp. sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
1-2 whole Thai red chilies, thinly sliced, for garnish (optional)
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, add a little olive oil and saute chicken until throughly cooked. Keep chicken pieces in a single layer not overcrowding the pan is a great way to cook chicken quickly and evenly about 5-7 minutes. Season with seasoning salt and pepper.
2. While the chicken is cooking, whisk all ingredients together until well combined.
3. Remove cooked chicken from skillet and set aside.
4.Pour sauce mixture into skillet on to high heat , whisk sauce while cooking until thickened. (The sauce should thicken to the consistency of cold maple syrup.)
5. Put chicken back into skillet and stir to combine and coat with the sauce. Keeping the heat high, and chicken in single layer as much as possible – stir the chicken, cooking on all sides. The sauce will stick to the chicken and caramelize. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
6. Remove chicken from skillet to serving plate. Garnish with sesame seeds, and freshly sliced Thai chilies (Optional).