With football season in full effect and holidays coming up I have been on GO-mode. I love cooking foods that are a hit with my family and friends
As busy as these last few months have been, I’ve been developing recipes and creating delicious memories for my loved ones. These Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings has been a stand out dish that never seem to last too long.
2 1/2 lbs. party wings
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. seasoning salt
1 tsp. black pepper
2 tbsp. butter
2 garlic cloves crushed
2 tsp. dried herbs (Any dried herb mix will work: Italian seasoning or even just dried oregano)
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup honey
1 lemon sliced
oil (for frying)
1. Season the chicken with the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
2. Add cooking oil to deep fryer over medium high heat then add the chicken wings. Allow the wings to cook for 5 – 8 minutes until the wings are a deep golden brown.
3. Remove chicken and put in a pan and set aside.
4. To make the glaze: add the honey, garlic, herbs, lemon juice, sliced lemons, and 1 teaspoon black pepper to a pot and bring to a boil allow to cook 30 seconds.
5. Bring to a simmer then add the chicken wings back in. Then, pour glaze over the cooked chicken wings and enjoy.
Serve the chicken wings with the pan sauce and lemon slices with sides of your choice.