Mama’s Famous Potato Salad
You know you are a good cook by your potato salad. Try mama’s recipe and you’ll never go back to regular old potato salad again!
For a truly amazing potato salad recipe, Mama’s Potato Salad is a front runner. This easy potato salad can be served warm or chilled at a party, potluck, church function, charities, funerals and various social events. However you serve it, this easy potato salad is a winning dish. Make this super easy side dish for your next potluck, event or holiday party, and get ready to receive lots of compliments!
Preparation Time: 20 min. Cooking Time: 30 min. Total Time: 1 hour
6 large russet potatoes
1 cup coarsely chopped green onion
1 cup coarsely chopped celery
1 tablespoons ranch dressing
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
6 large eggs (boiled/peeled)
1/2 stick butter
3/4 cups green olives (chopped)
1 tablespoon mustard
2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 small jar pimentos
1 tablespoon Paprika
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. In a large pot, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil over high heat, lower heat to medium and cook about 35 minutes or until just fork-tender. Drain.
- While potatoes cook and eggs boil, chop up green onions, celery and green olives and combine in a small bowl and sit to the side.
- When potatoes are done drain the water off – peel the shells off boiled eggs rinse and put boiled eggs in the pot with potatoes, and butter, mash with a potato masher (like making mash potatoes). Combine celery, green onion, & olive mixture along with ranch dressing, salt, black pepper mayonnaise, mustard and pimentos. Stir mixture until everything is combined and mixed well. Taste and if needed, add a pinch of salt.
- Pour potato salad in a serving dish and sprinkle Paprika on top of finished product!!!
- Serve while warm, or at room temperature or chilled