When I was growing up my mother made the best meatloaf, when I moved out on my own I had to call her to learn how to make it and she walked me through it over the phone. It turned out great and I turned out getting recipes and making great meals from lessons over the phone!!! Thank you mama!!!
This is a very good no fail incredibly easy meatloaf recipe to make and as simple as combining all of the ingredients and baking. It won’t take long and it’s quite good!
Serves 4: Preparation Time 10 min – Cooking Time 1 hr. 10 min.
Cooking Vessel Size 5 x 9 inch Loaf pan (Easy)
1 lb’ Ground Beef
1 Pkg. Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 Green Pepper, (Diced)
1 Can Tomato Sauce
1/2 Cup Saltine Crackers
1 Tsp. Salt
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1/4 Cup Ketchup
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 Cup Milk (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients – ground beef, Lipton onion soup mix, green peppers (diced), green onions (diced), tomato sauce, egg, saltine crackers, seasoning salt, black pepper milk, except for ketchup.
3. Prepare the loaf pan by spraying with a non-stick cooking spray or for easy cleaning lining the pan with aluminum foil.
4. Fill the loaf pan with the ground beef meatloaf mixture. Pat down the top and shape the meatloaf in the shape of the pan.
5. Bake the meatloaf uncovered in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours or until brown.
6. Remove from oven and drain any excess grease, spread the ketchup on top of the meat loaf and sprinkle a couple of pinches of parsley flakes on top. Bake for another 10 minutes.
7. Put meatloaf on a serving plate. Serve warm.
The milk is optional!
Reynold’s Aluminum Foil can be used to keep meat moist, cook it evenly and make clean up easier!